Sunday, June 30, 2013

Cake for a Ruby Wedding Anniversary

I read somewhere recently Quatrefoil is this years new chevron. So the side detail on this cake kind of works with that theme. I covered the cake with very pale ivory fondant and then used my newish cutter to painstakingly decorate the sides. It took forever, but I do think it lends a certain sophistication to the cake.
Sugar roses and tulips in various shades of red tie in with the Ruby Anniversary theme, however I did read Nasturtium is the floral representation of a ruby anniversary, oh well, red flowers were requested.
I particularly like the little berries I have added for a bit of contrast. Like Nigella always says a little bit of child labour never goes astray. My youngest son was at a loose end so he was commandeered to help roll lots of tiny little balls of sugar paste, the novelty wore of pretty quickly, but I do like these berries and can't wait to make some more.
I hope the Ruby wedding anniversary was enjoyed by all.


Congratulations 40 years of marriage is quite amazing. The cake was 6' chocolate with dark chocolate ganache.
Hope you like the pictures, thanks for dropping by. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment