Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pretty Cake

Thought I would share a pretty cake I made for my sister-in-law Janet's birthday on the weekend. Two tier Chocolate with a mix of dark and milk chocolate ganache. With some pretty sugar roses on top. I must thank my friend Elena who is visiting from Italy as I put her to work and she stuck the little pearl balls on the bottom tier. My piping bag had some royal icing left over so later in the day I went back and added some piping detail on the top tier, message to self ' must do more piping work in future'

The best part about this cake was I got to go to the party and see the cake cut and have a piece. It was a fab  party by the way and one of the first times in quite a few years that nearly all the family was together. I say nearly because one nephew is still in the U.S. and one has just come back from the U.K. with a fiance. Imagine. Of course that means a wedding which in turn means wedding cake, Yay.

Any hooow, it was a lovely evening and I left with an enormous head after all the great compliments about the cake. So many thanks to everybody for a great night and I hope Janet you had a perfect birthday celebration.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment