Saturday, April 26, 2014

La Ville-Lumiere

Everyone loves a Paris themed cake, who wouldn't.But did you know why Paris has been nicknamed the City of Lights. Let me share with you what I know.  Firstly the name grew in fame as Paris became the centre of education and ideas during the Age of Enlightenment.
Secondly it took a more literal sense when Paris became one of the first European cities to adopt gas street lighting. Makes sense right.

Well what ever the reason the City of Lights is a magical place and I have fond memories of a beautiful river cruise on the Seine admiring Paris by night and I think the Eiffel Tower was sparkling just for me, well that's what I like to tell myself.

With all this in mind here is my Paris themed cake, hope you like. xox 






No comments:

Post a Comment