Saturday, December 8, 2012

Fa La La La La La ...

Let me introduce you to the Iacomella Family Christmas Cake. You are so organised I hear you say.

Well, yes seems that I am this year, says me smugly, sitting here tapping away sipping my strawberry tea. Ha Ha .Right at this moment you should be laughing. Laughing long and hard  because sadly I'm never usually so prepared. The reason why is because this was the cake I made to demonstrate to my students how to cover a fruit cake 101. So when classes were over I just decorated it to my taste. No snowmen, penguins, snowflakes etc this year because sadly we are not having a skiing holiday, but a beach holiday. Since magnolia's are my newest favourite flower,I made a big one front and centre for the cake and couldn't resist some holly berries and pine cones to keep it a bit festive. What do you think?

I thought it would make a pretty nice wedding cake if you were having a Christmas wedding. The cakes are 7" base and 5"top tier.

Well I hope you will all enjoy some rich fruit Christmas Cake this year and just to keep things real I actually baked last years cake on Christmas Eve. { Thank you Nigella. Chocolate Fruit Cake } and it was equally yummy.
Have a good week. Thanks for stopping by. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment