Monday, March 3, 2014

Mad Men Cake

So if you've never watched Mad Men ( on HBO) the name Don Draper will mean nothing to you. As an avid fan of the hit show I always wanted to do something cakey with the theme.
My husbands birthday presented the perfect opportunity and voila before you could say, where's Roger, this Don Draper Cake was born.  I cut out of fondant the iconic image of Don sitting on the edge of his desk with the obligatory lit cigarette. So the whole cake is edible.
Happily my husband is nothing like the tortured, damaged Don but we had some fun with it, a Lucky Strike you might say.
Enough said, hope you like my little foray into the world of silhouette cakes.
P.S. The cake was a delicious orange and almond extended 6" tier with dark chocolate ganache.


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment