Friday, July 22, 2011

Music Themed Cupcakes



I made these musically inspired cupcakes for the good folk at the Commonwealth Bank who are having a little "Grammy" music inspired get together. I hear there is a red carpet to parade down and I'm sure there will be some great costumes. Enjoy your evening and I hope the cupcakes make it a little sweeter.

The decorations on the cakes are all edible. Musical notes, sheet music and some tiny Grammy look alike trophies. Cupcakes are Vanilla and Raspberry and Dark Chocolate with vanilla butter cream.

2 comments:

  1. how did you make the sheet music? I would like to make them for my son's recital. they're adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for the late reply. The sheet music is made from fondant with added tylose powder for strength. Rolled out very thin and cut into squares, allow to dry overnight then use edible marker pen to write music. Before the fondant dries you can roll the edges upwards with a tooth pick to create some movement. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete