Sunday, November 7, 2010

Have My Cake and Eat It Too



Yes it's that time of the year again when you peer into the mirror very closely and think mmm... do I really look another year older.Well who knows the answer to that, but I do know that birthdays are special, it's your one day of the year to celebrate you.
What better way to do that, than to have the ones you love around you and of course a birthday cake and this was mine.
A triple layer of lemon coconut sponge filled with vanilla bean cream and then completely covered with butter cream.
I opted to leave the fondant off the cake as I really like the textured look of the butter cream and of course the simplicity of the design. This was a white lillium I made out of gum paste and a simple piece of grosgrain ribbon.
And how old am I?
The same age John F Kennedy ran for the U.S. Presidency and won.
Happy Birthday to anyone and everyone x

No comments:

Post a Comment