Sunday, January 24, 2010

Going To The Chapel... 2010






I can't believe we are already approaching the end of January and what better way to mark the occasion than with a wedding. Have included some photos of Lauren and Jarrad's wedding cakes. The cakes consisted of a cupcake tower. One hundred cupcakes, Lemon and Coconut butter cake liberally bathed in lemon syrup topped with creme and covered with an embossed fondant. Then the real fun started, each cupcake was decorated with three different sized flowers and two toned leaves. All hand made { I went to bed dreaming of flowers }I also included one dozen of my favourite flavoured cupcakes, Decadent Chocolate. These were to satisfy the palate for any guests with a gluten intolerance.

The cupcakes looked suitably regal sitting on my new acrylic cupcake stand {now available for hire} and the five inch cutting cake on top decorated with a cymbidium orchid and several smaller flowers completed the ensemble. Shani {mother of the bride}also sourced the little bridal figurine which I attached.

The day was a real scorcher. 36 degrees in the shade but the cakes stood up to it and I think a wild time was had by all post ceremony. Best wishes to Lauren and Jarrad embarking on your new life as a couple. It was a pleasure and delight to make your wedding cakes and many best wishes for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment